6/20/2011

Distortion pedal | Schematic

My early days of being so deeply interested in music, which until now I am, I was thinking of making some schematic diagrams of some of the popular guitar pedal effects. Well, until now I am still making that certain thing, and I was just searching for ways on how I can share them to guitar stomp boxes' die hard fans.

Now that I found a great way, I am sharing them to you. Of course, I will be giving them one by one because I am still checking each of them if they will pass the oscilloscope.

Anyway, many newbies are looking for quality distorted sound. They want their guitar to sound dirty even if they only have a cheap but nice guitar amp. Surely, you can do that by using a distortion pedal. A distortion pedal is a stomp box that will give your guitar a massive amount of gain. Distortion pedals actually act as saturated valves that gives those creamy and muddy tones. Different manufacturers do have different tonal qualities for distortion. The best way to find one is by going to the music store, and testing the pedals. (I can't give you reviews of them right now, because I am still lacking of resources.) Well, testing them pedal to pedal will give you ideas on what are their differences. Many guitar players do this actually, and it is the best known way of doing so. Okay, so I have given you details on how, and I hope this help you guys out there.

Right below is an image of a schematic diagram of a good distortion. I managed to get one, and I have drawn its schematic. I know that many of you like to have one, "the cheaper way", so here it is. All you have to do is go to the electronic shop and buy those components, enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment